Hello, Mr. Thomson. This is Minoru Yamauchi from ABC company. Thank you for calling. Please hold on the line. I will check if he is in the company. Just a minute, please.
(One minute later.) I'm afraid he is busy and can't answer the phone. Please give me your information so that he will call you back.
I understand. I definitely tell him that. He is attending the board meeting, and it will finish after 30 minutes. It is 2 pm now, so I think he will call you back at 2:30. Is it available for you?
I understand. I definitely tell him that. He is attending the board meeting, and it will end in 30 minutes. It is 2 pm now, so I think he will call you back at 2:30. Will you be available at that time?
You are welcome. I also hope that you will discuss the deal with him. Well, what else can I do for you?
- urgent matter（緊急事項）
- I'm not sure（さてどうでしょう、良く分かりません）
- approximately（ two hours）（およそ（２時間））
- Hold on, please（そのままでいてください（電話を切らずにお待ち下さい））
- Could you please hold (the line)?（そのまま電話を切らずにお待ちいただけますか。）
- I'll put you through (him) right away.（すぐに（彼に）おつなぎします。）
- May I take a message for him? (May I take your message?)（伝言を承りましょうか？）
- May I ask your number, please?（あなたの番号をお尋ねしてもよろしいですか？）
- He doesn't seem to be at his desk now.（今、彼はデスクにいないようです。）
- I'll tell him to call you back as soon as possible.（できるだけ早くあなたに後で電話するようにと彼に伝えます。）
- In case he doesn't come back by 4 pm, could you make sure to feed the dog?（万が一16時になっても彼が帰ってこなかったら、犬の餌やりをしておいてもらえますか？）
- He is out to lunch now.（彼は今、ランチに出かけています。）
- I'll tell him you called.（彼にあなたからご連絡があったとお伝え致します）