I see. What time will can I have a table?
Really? What time can I have a table?
2. don't mix any tense together, and don't put two auxiliaries together
Oh, that's good. I'll go there now. The bar can see from here, right?
Oh, that's good. I'll go there now. I can see inside the dining area from there, right?
2. An adverbial complement is an adverbial that is required to complete the meaning of a verb, such that if it is removed, it will yield an ungrammatical sentence or an intrinsically different meaning of the verb. If the sentence contains other adverbs, then these complements go before them.
Put the money IN THE BOX at once.
The program lasted THREE HOURS.
She sang WELL last night.
She drives CAREFULLY.
3. here>> in, at, or to **this** place or position. there>> in, at, or to **that** place or position.
Yes, please. I'd like to coffee.
Yes, please. I'd like to drink coffee.
to-infinitive: I want TO SWIM--> activity, what the noun wants to do
to>> preposition: I went TO the gym--> indicates the direction the noun went
I'd like a cup of weak coffee with some milk. I don't like too sweet, so will you brew a little of them?
I'd like a cup of weak coffee with some milk. I don't like it too sweet, so will you brew a little of it?
I don't like HIM
like - transitive verb
*Transitive verbs* -
verbs that must precede a direct object in order to complete its action
I want to PLANT a flower
I will TEACH my children
I will BAKE a cake
2. make sure the noun used to refer back to another is similar. Coffee>> uncountable, so "them" can't be used to refer back to it--only singular noun/pronoun can
- make amends to someone for （（人）に～の埋め合わせをする、（人）に～を償う）
- To compensate for your unusually long wait time, dessert is on the house.（非常に長い時間お待たせしたので、店からデザートをサービスします。）
- on the house（店のおごりで）
- Please enjoy these complimentary drinks while you wait.（お待ちの間にこちらのお飲み物をどうぞ。）
- We didn't anticipate such a big crowd tonight.（今夜そんなに大勢のお客さんを予想していなかった。）
- I must admit that we're overbooked tonight.（今夜は予約を取り過ぎたことを認めなくてはいけない。）
- seating area（数人用の座席のある場所）
- outdoor waiting area（外の待合所）
- We can call your cell when your table is ready. （お席の準備が整いましたら携帯電話にご連絡致します。）
- We can manage to seat your entire group together in 15 minutes or so.（１５分後くらいにはグループの皆様にお座りいただけるようにします。）